Thursday, November 10, 2011

2 nothing days - but not bad ones!

Today (2 days ago) was our drive day from Broadford, Ilse of sky to York. It was 8 hours of driving with a stop off at the Ben Nevis distillery for andrew to buy his dad a gift. We didn't do anything really.

We arrived to our B+B place with no breakfast (it was a cheap deal we got) and had a great dinner at a carvery, new to them myself, you could order a meat that was carved for you, then all you can eat seasoned vegies! They were delicious! mmm My plate was pretty full!! Bam.

The next morning I got up early and went for a jog - my leg feeling a fair bit better, so off I went albeit a little slower and carefuler (is that a word) then normal. About 7kms. We then went into the city of York,parking at the train museum carpark, having a walk around the city, saw the walls (York still has medieval walls surrounding the city (or the existing city) which I enjoyed seeing. So we took a short walk on top of the walls, bought some food at the market there -york had a nice feel to it, quiet, clean and peaceful. I don't know if that was just my perception, or we got york on a good day but I found it to be pleasant the time we were there. We then went to the train museum, which was interesting - but not as good as I thought it would be. I wanted there to be more things about modern trains, and not things that I already knew. The flying scotsman exhibit was excellent though. - tour in the 80's to australia. - been there!

Andrew wanted to go to the Manchester united ground and see the stadium tour, mark and I didn't so we went to maccas for free internet and to book our accommodation for the evening. We stayed there while andrew had his tour, then we drove to Wales - IIandudno or something like that. Tomorrow we are going to Snowdonia.

Short blog - but we didn't really do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment