Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 2 - The meer continues

Well, hoe gaat het?
A full learning day of the dutch language has made my head very sore... more the pronunciation then anything else, as it is 2 things - 1. How to remember something, and 2. How to say what you have remembered.

Last night we slept through our tea date with Wouter, we thought we would just lie down for a few hours and we woke up almost in the middle of the night, 2 or three times, but with some help I slept till morning. We then got up and went touring of de old boxmeer, going to the tourist info center - getting a map, seeing the "sights" of the town. We went shopping, saw the hockey ground, and walked around a bit - but it is crazy cold. well, not crazy cold but it is pretty cold - ~ 1-2 degrees with a chilling wind. It would not want to be any colder... Tus - I think that you have it on me, but it's not cold enough to crazy rug up, so we get caught out when the wind comes through. I don't have the cable for my camera here, but I will update the photos of our house and around town. We got a little lost coming home because we listened to funky and he didn't know where to go, but after consulting our map - we did an about face and 20 ins later arrived home, a nap and a visit to the hockey ground and we played our first practise match (not really a match because it was a half field training game against the u17 team, but we did ok... (.. :)   ) 22-3 or 4....

The food is normalish, we had ham and cheese and eggs for lunch, we supermarket shopped and had cereal and toast for breakfast, and for tea I had chicken snitzel... What I have noticed though is the quality of the beer. Bad is good over here. I have an early fear of becoming an umpa lompa.... Tomorrow is apply for work permit day, so hopefully everything goes well. Cheers for now - sorry there wasn't anything more interesting to say

Tot zeins

No comments:

Post a Comment