Sunday, March 20, 2011

Quiet few days and a frustrating rapat...

Well there hasn't been much to talk about in the last few days, I was going to wait until after our hockey game, but I thought that I better fill in the time before that. Wednesday and thursday were work days, and if you see the picture below, all that stuff was to grow marijuana. Our job was to tear it all down, it was a very sophisticated setup, but we made short word of it. We didn't end up painting, that is tuesday next week's job, but we found another room upstairs that we had to clear of black plastic and watering system. lol. So that was wednesday and thursday gone. It was slow going working as there isn't lots to do, but it is enough to keep you just busy enough not to get really really bored. Friday was our day off, and a lazy day it was, we went down the street to buy andrew and mark phones, met a few people that were to help them translate/talk to the phone shop guy and then we had a late lunch before we got ready for hockey training. Oh - I forgot to mention, on the thurday night we visited caspers house who had a magnificent basement setup of a projector and speakers, now Trafhi pay attention. Screen, surround sound, tv hooked into it, remote control, computer access wirelessly to the projector... now tell me we are not behind... So we watched PSV einhoven play football there, which was cool. then home. 
So i had a meeting with the coach and the captain about how they played, how we play, and what is the plan of the team... I think we understood each other on most points, but I left with the distinct feeling that nothing will change too much, which is fine - I just hope it goes better today(sunday). It rained all day friday, and training was not so fun. I found out my jacket that I have been hauling around is NOT waterproof. Mum, that guy lied to you. After an hour my arms were wet.. we have alot of players ~18 and there was lots of yelling at each other (in dutch) and lots of mistakes - no calling/talking to each other on the field, and it was just not a very nice place to be. The night after hockey training was interesting, had conversations to a few of the players about the meeting I had with the coach, they do understand what is going on - that is a positive - read between the lines a little here people. Anyway, saturday we had to pick wouter up from the airport in germany - so after a bit of streamed oneday action watching australia play very bad, we headed to germany. again some action on the autobarn, and a few loops of the airport trying to find out where the hell to go, but we arrived on time, and picked him up without hassle. On the way back we dropped some supplies of wouter's back at a/his vet clinic took us the scenic route back, it was very nice, forest, green fields, nice little farm houses everywhere... My mind can't help but cast back to 60 years ago when the ground was being blown up everywhere and people were being killed, maimed and mutilated... all in the name of some crazy guy... I guess I'm not the first one to think of this, but it is heavily in my mind as we drove through that part of holland. Wouter had "accidentally" clicked on a .exe attachment on his email, which had installed a nasty virus. I spent the evening fixing it for him, which was easy until a side effect of fixing the virus was the wireless/LAN was screwed, so a system restore fixed it... and we had tea at his place with his daughter. We had home made pizza and soup, which was very nice :-) Andrew and mark went to the pub to meet a few of the guys to my disgust, and I went home to bed. - They got home @ 5am... how the hell are they supposed to play well today... I'm starting on the bench thank goodness today, I am not looking forward to playing today with half a team having a hangover, and players running anywhich way... Leave me on the bench please.

So today is the game, there is no nervousness that there was the first sunday, we know the level, I hope we do win, but frankly, what chance do we have with 5-6 of our players being out the early morning...

veel succes i say to us... veel succes....

No comments:

Post a Comment