Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Game 2...

Well we had to travel for game 2. Against a team called "HOD" they had 5 hockey fields I was told - although I only saw 2. We lost 3-2, down 2-0 at half time, and it's not a good thing to bag the umpires... but my goodness they were bad, and not consistently bad - just plain wrong. I got sent off for something that one of my teammates did, but in my opinion the attacker should have been sent off for it anyway. Just ridiculous...  Our first half was one that I predicted, slugish, slow and we were clearly outplayed, I instigated a chat with our midfield at half time(dunno what the coach told us to do.. but something had to change...) and we started to change the way we played in the 2nd half. We got two quick goals quite easily at about the 10 and 18 min mark of the 2nd half and slowly took control of the game. The turning point was, when I got sent off. The rule is in hockey, if you have the ball and step backwards with it, it is obstruction.. EVERY TIME. there is no grey area with this rule, but holland doesn't seem to call it, so if the player backs into you (like he did to yurrick) and falls over, then it is against him, not against the defender.. but apparently the nearest player gets sent off... so our team erupted ( i don't know if it was protecting me, or explaining on my behalf, but it was quite heated...) I was absolutely baffled as to why I got sent off... usually I know why but sunday, not one idea... Another weird decision they were not calling, was the flick (or the lob) mark was running to tackel the guy and he almost flicked it into his head - nbot once but like 10 times... our teammates said that it wasn't dutch, it was just wrong.... grrr   But that happens, then another poor call for a short corner went against us - they scored off that, and another player of ours got sent off, then our coach got sent off (out of the ground) and we then got a goal disallowed from the other end of the field that would have made it 3-3... so now we are back into relegation territory after our win last week. But as I said to the guys after the game... 'after that first half, we didn't deserve to win...  you get home at 5am.... you deserve to lose...'  but boy... they were bad.....

So monday we watched movies, went shopping and nothing much happened. Today we had our first painting day, not much happened really, just painted a front room that would have been a lounge room, pretty non interesting... what is interesting is what is going to happen in the next few weeks :-) very much looking forward to it. I will let you know what is going to happen soon, cause I will have nothing to write about... - how's the suspense... :-) sampai doi....

No comments:

Post a Comment