Friday, April 1, 2011

Car, sickness and a bottle of juice

Wednsday night training was good, funky decided that he was too sick to train, or he couldn't be bothered and tarks came later but wasn't training cause he hurt his ankle last sunday at the game. A common theme - doesn't matter where you go - people's priorities don't seem to change.. anyway.. that evening was not a good night... I woke up with the fire throat that people would be so familiar with, so thursday wasn't such a good day - we painted again, still a bit to do at this other house before we start on ours. Which will be good cause we are getting our hours up, so when we go away on holidays, we will be able to have our house still. So been a bit sick, but not fully flu sick, just enough to make life miserable, but not to keep you bed ridden. I haven't picked up the bad cough yet (hoping that I won't). Thursday night Koen(bongo) drove into town and took us to the car dealership to get the car. finally... So we now have a car, good news, petrol is quite expensive, but there is 3 of us so it is split into 3.  Hoping that now we can see some of the country. I got a few pending interviews for potential jobs. One is a coaching job with a firm in belgium (just across the border - meeting on saturday) the other is a teaching job (teaching subjects in english) about 10kms from the next town. It is exciting, but I'm not too worried about if I get it or not. I have my job next year, and a lifegaurd job when I get back if I need it. But - money is money, and experience teaching dutch kids would/could be a good thing. Thursday night after the car - I went straight to bed - even though it was only 7.30  - I'd had enough. Sleep for me came quickly - after a movie and a midnight wake up and another movie saw me through until 7am..

Not much has happened today, went to wouters to do some washing, use the internet and I bought some medicine(and a 2 liter bottle of orange juice, that I fully intend on drinking all of it) to help make me feel better. Lemon warm tea is the drink on the go atm. This afternoon will be spent drinking a combination of "get me better" foods and watching movies.

 But I agree with Tuscani, being sick whilst being away just makes you want to be home, curled up feeling sorry for yourself in your own bed. Here's me hoping it doesn't last too long.

Tot zeins.

No comments:

Post a Comment