Friday, April 29, 2011

A boring week

Since I got home from my holiday not much has happened. A few interesting things such as seeing the Belgium freeways - the government has lights all over them, all the freeways are lit up. - See Photo.

Basically we have been painting and fixing our house for the last week, and this week. Nothing really to talk about. I have been planning my trip north to Sweden, Norway and Denmark and trying to organise a little bit of when to go to France etc. I am currently in Amsterdam at this point, staying with a friend(Robert) I met in Indonesia 2 years ago - the only good thing to come out of Facebook so far. (it does have it's uses I guess......) Amsterdam is not so different to Paris in a way - lovely architecture, busy stations, lots of people, but it is a little different in it's feel - people don't look so angry here, that being said lots of people have said be careful in Amsterdam.We went to Anne franks house today - yesterday we attempted to go there but the line was way too big, so we went on a tour of the Heineken Brewery, which was excellent. That night we had a tour of the Red light district from Robert, which was well... interesting. Anne Franks house was very good, i hated the fact that I hadn't read the book, but I still hold the opinion that I don't really want to read it, even though it is a very powerful book. It was very sad, imagine having to live in a upstairs room (tiny) not being able to go outside, creeping around not trying to make any noise, windows all blacked out, having enough food to eat on a regular basis. And then after all that to be betrayed by someone you trusted and be taken off to a concentration camp to die... It's so sad. Probably the reason that I don't/didn't want to read the book. We are now off to the resistance museum, which we think should be interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment