Sunday, May 8, 2011

PPnJ's....

The last couple of days have been ah.. lets just not give a definition of feelings - You can decide.. I will explain and then try and mellow a little while writing this. Mark and I have thought it is a good idea to start eating a little healthier - Funky doesn't care as he is incapable of making any sort of decision. So me and mark are cooking. (RBTL). On thursday Mark went gardening in venray with our landlord and we stayed home and did a little bit of work on our house. Friday we didn't do alot, but it was the arrival of Neva - the girl from Philadelphia.(Who is staying in France atm) It was our first couchsurfing experience. I organised most of it, mark helped with getting sheets, we cleaned some blankets, and went and cooked tea. Funky sat in bed. But he said that he was going to take her to the airport on saturday morning so that was ok cause it was a 5:00am wake up. So friday came, we picked her up from the airport, and at the risk of Andrew reading this - when she arrived, me and mark chatted - andrew went back to bed. Great social skills there... Anyway, she came along and watched us play hockey, we had training and we stayed at the hockey club chatting (by we I mean everyone) until about 12.30-1.00. To which comes the 2nd best part of my story. We got chatting about food, and I was introduced to the american Peanut butter and jelly. Now, before some of you scoff and say "yeah I have had it" or "ewww" I was as skeptical as a conspiracy theorist on 9/11. But I sucked it up, and had a crack. I was amazed, it was good, and I still can't believe that I am typing this, but the flavors mixed very well... they might know a thing or two the ol Americans..  So we were going to continue out after this little food lesson, but mark got too impatient waiting for me and left, so I went to bed. Here is where my night/morning go turned completely upside-down.
1.Coming home at 3:30 was almost the entire hockey team. Fine - that happens sometimes. But not when you have a guest that needs to sleep.
2. Andrew was drunk. - Remember earlier that he said he was going to drive Neva to the airport.. well, not anymore.
3. He wouldn't come and help with navigation
4. I couldn't get back to sleep to get the little rest I could have to be not really tired to drive... but I can drive tired anyway usually, so that wasn't a big issue - I just wanted 4 points.

Anyway, so I quickly google mapped the route, and we took off a little late.. I made 2 major wrong turns that cost us about 20 minutes. Considering that the time to the airport was only 20 mins drive, it is a fair detour! And add to that the stress of that someone(that you don't really know) is relying on you to get them to the airport as this is the only flight this weekend and has to work... hmmm...  Lets just say that I was not very happy. So we got there at about 6.15 I think, flight was leaving at 6.50. So it was in enough time, but it was cutting it fine. (we should of got there at 5:50) I sent an apology message to Neva about it.. Annoying that funky never thinks about consequences for his actions, and we have to cover it up. Traveling is ok, but living - well it's a good thing that we are moving out soon and going to see things. (I am nervous about couchsurfing with him through Europe after yesterdays display)

I should have known that he was never going to get up, but my trust in my friends is just that. I got lost again on the way home, ended up driving halfway to Koln (or cologne) before a phone call to wouter lightened my spirits a little.

"Hey wouter - if I was driving to K-O-L-N would I be going the wrong way"
"Yes - but it is a nice city" I smiled through my tiredness and annoyance, and turned around, almost U turning it onto the wrong side of the freeway (damn right side of the road countries!)
So the car got a top speed workout at 5.30am on the way home - mum don't stress, there was no traffic,  the autobarn is fine, but for those interested, our car goes 201kmph. (Ford mondeo wagon)The originality wore off after a few minutes, so I settled for 140. On the way back though, the scenery was very good through western germany. Nice woods, green everywhere and the sun was rising.

So I got home - a little bit less angry, but fuming still. Funky still thought that it was funny, but I gave him a spray. he listened - dunno how much though.

Anyway, so it's early, I fell asleep reading about ellie and homer, and there plot to blow up another few petrol stations, and spent the rest of the day reading once I woke up. It was also a sad day as I finished the books.. Now what am I going to read. If anyone can find the ebook of the Ellie Chronicles - let me know.
The best part of the day was hearing about (although cuth was incommunicado) the win 3-2 against dandenong ( a team that came from SL2 last year). Jo sent me some photos of the game ( I will share them on dropbox for you) which made me so proud of what the guys are doing back home against the odds. Cuth - I know you read this. Keep going mate. - I also got a few of my deadish garden - they haven't been weeding it, but I hope that Clarke makes them do it before they leave, cause that would not be a good thing to come home to.  So I watched the new adam sandler film called "Just go with it" hmmm... I don't know how many cliche's that you can have with a film nowdays.. Don't bother - unless you are doing something else at the same time. It's not a deep film. I did watch the king's speach this morning though, and... well it was ok, a bit slow for me. Leaps and bounds above that stupid sandler film though. We have to get a team photo taken today, and our last home game is also today. I am on 2 yellow cards and you get suspended if you get 3, so I must be on my best behavior. (although I haven't really done much to earn the first 2!) I have my teachers "interview" on Tuesday - don't know what I am going to tell them, but I hope that I can at least teach a few days in another country before going on our European tour. So writing this has put me in a better mood, mum don't stress I am fine. Just give max and buddy a pat. :-) Will talk to you all later :-)

Doi.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment