Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Switzerland

Zurich is a nice city. But I have a few other nice cities to let you know about before I get to Zurich.

Today (well not today it was on Sunday) We went rafting. It was... ahhh ok. I am sick of going to rafting places that promise bang and smash adrenaline filled adventure and fail to deliver. There was about 4-5 moments of good rafting - the rest was oh so boring. But... it was still leaps and bounds above Indonesia's rafting. But still - you pay a fair bit for a rafting experience to "rock you and shock you" and all I got was a blister from paddling hard through the calm regions of the river. *sigh*

I did meet skippy though - he was looking to use the internet and I let him use my laptop - very nice guy, hope that I can meet up with him when we go to the tour de france. (Look it up if you don't know who he is - cycling legend)

We stayed the night in a town called Interlaken. Lots of tourists there - and it was not the gorgeous valley of mountains that was lauterbrunnun. It was not the best night sleep in the hostel there - hot, and woken up by a bunch of South Korean backpackers who seemed to think that 5am was the best time to have a picnic in our room. - Ahh the perks of having a shared room.
 That morning was not so great, I don't know if it was because I had 3 cups of coffee before 10:00 or because it was pouring rain and my mountain friends were hiding behind a mask of thick fog and cloud. We didn't know what we were going to do, and we were tired from the early wake up call. But - Like all things so far, it has turned out fine. We went to a smallish town called luzene. I was feeling pretty sick, headache stomach growling, and we found a car park and grabbed a map from the tourist agency and headed out around the city. Only the problem was that andrew decieded that he was too tired and slept in the car. Idiot - comes halfway across the world to choose sleep over seeing things that he left australia to see....
Anyway mark and I saw the wounded lion , an awesome church, a weird loch in a river, had stuttered conversations with some swiss people, and climbed some towers for views of the city. It was an enjoyable afternoon. We arrived back at the car - found funky still asleep and headed off to the lake - we then spent another good hour trying to hand feed ducks while we had tea - and we were successful -  will show you some interesting pictures also. (Just the swiss alps... nothing special :P ) - also - these are with a high res camera, so if you click you can zoom in to see the detail)






The day didn't end there - but I am too tired now to continue. I will update later. For now. Later

No comments:

Post a Comment