Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cliffs and rain







Today – and for the first time in months I am uptodate with my blog! My day included a 7am wake get up and a 30 minute run, for which wasn’t that difficult although I wasn’t running that quick. I arrived back to watch with annoyance NZ win the World cup final in rugby. We got going after that finished, about 11am – which was late considering what we wanted to do, but we weren’t in a great hurry. Andrew wanted to watch the Manchester United Vs Man City game in a sports bar somewhere – so I found a place or two that we could stop depending on where we were at the time. We headed from Limerick to Kilkee (a small town on the west coast of Ireland in the county of Clare (pronounced ‘Claire’ much to my annoyance). We rolled into the town and found our football spot and then took the loop road (tourist road) along the cliffs to be rewarded for our effort by being presented by one spectacular cliff after another, all with green tops and white crashing waves below. We stopped for a photo shot – reasonably excited and raced across the mud (oh yeah it was pouring rain) and mark slipped and fell right in the mud – see video J
It was rugged coastline at its best, and I think that they must have stolen some of our apostles. We drove along the road for about 40 minutes and then headed back into town to watch the football. The result I didn’t care about, but I was going for the opposite team Andrew was going for (just cause I could) and that proved to be a excellent decision (they won 6-1!!) woop. We then headed to the cliffs of Moher. The rain had stopped for a bit while we were in town, but then came again and with decent ferocity. We arrived to the cliffs with a huge amount of mist covering the cliffs – bah…. Andrew stayed in the car again for some reason ( hasn’t been out of the car for about 4 car stops) and mark and I walked up in the rain to see the fog ( I mean cliffs) so I made us wait for a little bit – and then suddenly the wind picked up a bit and the fog rolled away! So we got  to see and take decent photos of the cliffs of Moher! We had a quick look in the visitors center on the way out (free for us cause we walked through as it was closing in 10 minutes) and we saw it in about 7 minutes. Don’t think it would have been worth the 7 euro to get in. We then hit the road again to stay in Galway at a bit past 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment